The Personal Private Retreat Experience
Come almost any day of the year and stay up to a week. You are free to follow your own schedule as well as to participate fully in the monastic program of the Divine office: praying the psalms.
Come aside and rest a while
The day also offers an opportunity to share in the Eucharist and invites you to spend your day, including meals, in restful recollection and spiritual renewal in a prayerful and peaceful environment. In an atmosphere of silence, you will have solitary time for prayer, journaling, discernment, quiet meditating in nature, by our lakes, on our lawns, and on our peaceful walking trails, or for just enjoying the silence and solitude of this contemplative oasis of our monastery grounds. A flexible schedule allows you to have a completely customized experience.
- Breakfast, lunch, and supper are provided. Vegetarian fare is available upon request. Coffee, tea, and refreshments are also available throughout the day.
- Rooms provided include a bed, desk and reading chair. Most rooms have a shared bath. Bed linens are provided. You need to bring your bath linens and personal toiletries.
- Retreatants take their meals together in a dining facility observing the same silence as the monks.
- Retreatants may attend any prayer services in the Abbey Church and have a designated section in the monastic choir to accommodate them.
- In a personal private retreat, no conferences are given. Sacramental reconciliation (Confession) is available each evening from 6:00 - 6:30 pm.
- Casual attire is recommended, but no shorts, please.
- Remember to bring a bible and journal materials.
Reservations may be made for one night or several nights. Usually, a 1-5 night stay (depending on available space) can be reserved by calling the Retreat House. We look forward to working with you to schedule a date for your private retreat.
Private “Group” Retreats can be arranged by calling the Retreat House staff at (770) 760-0959.