Because coronavirus transmission has become more widespread in our area, and to protect our local community and patrons, the monastery enacted the following COVID-19 Response.
- We are offering special prayers for those who contract the coronavirus and for a quick end to the pandemic.
- As of Monday, March 16, we closed our Retreat House, the Abbey Store, the Garden Shop, the Museum, and the Heritage Center until further notice. We regret that the food bank will not operate during this period. These facilities will reopen when the coronavirus pandemic subsides and we are advised by appropriate experts and authorities that it is safe to conduct normal business and for people to meet in groups in public places.
- UPDATE July 1st: The Monastery of the Holy Spirit remains CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC until further notice. This includes the Abbey Church, retreat house, gift shop, welcome center, and food pantry.
- The monastery grounds remain open from 6:00 AM to 7:00 PM and all are welcome to stroll the meditative paths or visit the lakeside.
- The monastery trailhead to the Arabia Mountain National Heritage Area is open daily Dawn to Dusk. Explore Arabia Mountain Path with it scenic wakling, hiking, biking trails.
During this health crisis, let's remember that God is with us in all circumstances. Let's also remember that the best way to show our love for Him is to show our love and concern for one another. May God see us through these difficult times, comfort the sick and grow our faith, hope and love. May God grant us evermore His kindness and consolation.